The Pelican Journal
The Pelican Journal brings to you articles expanding on subjects of interest to the Pelican Nursers' League.
Below find some examples of The history of the Pelican Badge, a feature article of 2018 Journal " Wars and Waunderlust " and a sample Table of Contents from the 2015 Journal.
In connection to the journal, please see the articles under the menu "Memories" for individual experiences and notes of interest.
The Pelican Badge
Through British, European and American history the pelican, an amazing bird, has been reproduced in many forms and on diverse materials. The emblem features worldwide, appearing on some flags, in various features of architecture, on glass windows, in jewellery and within heraldry.
Feature Article 2018 Journal
Wars and Wanderlust
Many years ago, while working in London, an illustrious, senior member of our profession [whose actual identity I have long since forgotten] on learning that I am a Pelican exclaimed ‘I always knew that Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh nurses could be assigned anywhere and you always knew they would cope’.
The 2015 Pelican Journal
The 2015 Pelican Journal gives you an idea of what you are missing if you are not a member of the League!
Table of Contents
- League Office Bearers and Executive Committee 2015 4
- President’s Letter 5
- A Note from your Secretary 8
- A Note from your Editor 9
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Nurses’ League held on 26th April 2014, in the Royal Over-Seas League, 100 Princes Street, Edinburgh at 2.15pm. 10
- Agenda for the Annual General Meeting of the Nurses’ League to be held on 11th April 2015, in the Royal Over-Seas League, 100 Princes Street, Edinburgh EH2 3AB at 2.15pm. 18
- The Constitution of the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh Nurses’ League 19